Monday, September 24, 2012

Rainmaker18, 어떻게 이것을 시작했나.


During last summer, me and Nicolas were looking at the Olympics football games, when we found out about Celta making a bid for 박주영. I knew Park from his spell at Monaco, but lost sight of him when he signed for Arsenal. I started talking to Nicolas about him while we watched the games. We both are huge Celta fans, and started dreaming about seeing the Korean striker wearing Celta's top.

For weeks seemed as if the signing was a done deal, but it took a long time before Celta made the loan official. The day before the deadline ended, Celta confirmed that Park was a Celta player, and he was presented on Friday 31st to the supporters and media. I was talking to Nicolas about Park coming to Vigo and decided that we were going to make something special to welcome him. I had created a twitter account, and had one Korean follower that confirmed that the sign we decided to make, said what was supposed to say.


We arrived first at the presentation, and seated on the front row. Nicolas had his sign ready, and was very nervous. As soon as Park came out, he saw the sign and pointed at Nicolas making the ok sign. He did the normal rutine on a presentation for the media, and then he went to the fans, who where crazy about him. He fisrst stoped with Nicolas, where he signed an autograph to him. That moment was captured by many photographers and cameras, and I did get a copy of one of the photos, and that moment changed everything.

As soon as I got home, I posted the pic, for my follower to see. Tht night I could not sleep at all. My phone was ringing all the time with new followers on my twitter account, 80 the first day. As people wanted to see photos, I decided to open a blog so I could share my photos, but did not realized what was about to happen. The first day 500 people visited the blog, just to see the photos. 

As the days passed, I decided to post more information with articles, videos, resources,... not only about Park, but also about Celta, so Korean fans could get to know a little bit more about them. Visitors kept growing as the days passed, and Korean fans started to show me their love, and that realy touched me. That was the reason of my level of involvement, something that started as a hobby, ended up being the most visited Celta or Park page not only in Spain, but posibly around the world.

I will try to keep this as it is, a fan place, a place to share our respect and love for this Sport.

All Korean fans are a very important for this blog, and your support helps me everyday. I have found my second home, about 10.000 km away from where I am siting right now.

22 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 애기 너무 귀여워요^^ 항상 감사~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very moved with your sincere writing ^ T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I´ve never felt so supported in all my life, just don't know how to tell you all.

      Delete
  4. Thank you. It's a very nice story. I worried about his adaption, because I think he dosen't famous in Spain though he played well in France. I appreciate that you welcome him.

    Gracias. Es una historia muy bonita. Me preocupa su adaptación, porque creo que no lo hace famoso en España a pesar de que jugó bien en Francia. Aprecio que darle la bienvenida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cheers~

    I hope Park can make his way in Celta and do not doubt of your support will be a part of it. Maybe, someday wish to see his playing together.

    With all wishes

    Yahny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will study English with blog! because I love soccer and like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for everything !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 니콜라 아빠같은 팬이 있는 박주영 선수 가장 행복한 선수가 아닐까요!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All Korean fans belive that Park will show his best in Celat before long. It's already happening, maybe.
    I so greatful for ur blog. I will visit everytime I wanna see him.
    I cheer Park, I cheer you and lovely boy Nick as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. last sentence... i'm very touching ㅠㅠ.

    thank you again!! celta is forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will watching Celta vs Granada at saturday and i cheer for Celta's victory.!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 정말 감사합니다 = thank you very much~!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you~!! Always the very best of luck to you and Nicolas ...^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope Celta de Vigo get the UEFA ticket. Viva Celta Vigo!

    You are most important spanish to all korean PJY's fans.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i Hola. Yo soy una mujer que vive en Corea.
    siempre Buenas fotos e información muchas gracias :)

    ReplyDelete